Monday, November 13, 2017

GRATITUDE MONTH--#12: MY OTHER MOTHER

I am grateful for Charlotte Bonde!

I call her my "Other Mother" because mother-in-law does not do her justice. I met my husband when we were yet 18 and shortly after that I met his mother when he took me home with him to attend his brother Bill's wedding. That makes 39 years that I've been one of Charlotte's many children.

I couldn't ask for a better Other Mother! She's kind and generous, patient, open to change as it is needed, and deeply committed to her family and her faith. She's always been active in her community as she has time and energy for. And she keeps her door open to her family, almost 24-7! And on top of it, she treated my mother as one of her own after my dad died and included her in all of the Bonde festivities. She listens to me. She talks to me. She even reads my blog! Wow!

That was above and beyond the call of Other Motherhood. I hold her up as one of my examples to follow of how to live in the world, to live in community and in faith and love.

So today, I'm grateful for my Other Mother, Charlotte Bonde!

No comments:

Post a Comment