Thursday, November 23, 2017

GRATITUDE MONTH--#21: the NORTHEAST TURKEYS

Happy Turkey Day--Part 2!

After considering these magnificent creatures neighbors for several years, I have mixed feelings about dinner later. I guess I will say an extra thank you to my turkey friends for their contribution to this day.

At some point in the history of our crazy English language, we decided to make fun of people by saying "you turkey!" I don't know why. Over the last 10 years, the wild turkey population in our inner-city neighborhood has grown considerably. The last couple years a pretty good sized group of them has been roosting in trees on our block. Some mornings 15 to 20 turkeys walk through our yard just after flying down out of the trees across the street. They are stunning creatures and though they can leave messes on the sidewalks, it somehow makes me happy that we live in a natural enough environment for the turkeys to consider this their home too. 

HAPPY TURKEY DAY FROM THE NORTHEAST TURKEYS!



























No comments:

Post a Comment