Tuesday, November 14, 2017

GRATITUDE MONTH--#13: THE OCEAN

I was born on an island
During my childhood, 
I lived by the ocean
With the beach always in sight
Daydreaming from my desk
Or from the treetops at dawn
To see the sunrise over it
Pausing at dusk to watch it dance
With the orange sun again

Whether waking or sleeping
Always hearing that heartbeat
Waves continually crashing
The heartbeat of the earth
And that breath, the breath of God
Breathing in, breathing out

She teaches me of wholeness
Of gentleness hidden within strength, of passion
Of depth hidden below the surface
Of being powerful, yet movable
Of being playful and open
Always moving and adapting
Supporting life, creating life, 

The roots of my childhood 

Lie deep in the sea
And my soul is cradled in her arms
Lifted by the sight and smell of her
I am so grateful for the ocean!
What a pleasure it is 
to know she lives on!

Today, I give thanks for the SEA!




No comments:

Post a Comment