Thursday, November 30, 2017

GRATITUDE MONTH #30: final entry--PETE


I saved the BEST for last! Today I share with you my deep, humble gratitude for my husband, my partner, my friend Pete! I will spend eternity giving thanks to God for this man in my life! Love, hope, joy, peace---he lives all these things. And of course he drives me crazy too but I wouldn't want it any other way. 

I am so honored to call Pete my partner for life! Nothing has brought me more joy than living life with him, creating family, working together, finding home. 

Thank you God for Pete! I am so grateful!

Below is a poem I wrote for our 26th Anniversary, that I think is worth repeating--or re-Pete-ing.  Love you, Pete!



He is Pete

He is the tortoise who will win the race against the hare.
He is the knight in shining armor who will cut through the thorns
 and tangle of vines to wake the sleeping beauty.
He is the navigator, the one that keeps the ship from running aground.
His love runs deep, his commitment is unshakeable,
His tenderness is healing,
He is the rock on which this family stands.

He is the full moon on the calm sea.
He is the stars twinkling in my eyes.
He is the secret behind my smile.
He is the arms of God wrapping me in grace.
He is the depth of my joy and the muse of my wisdom.
His love nurtures me, gives me pleasure in life, and challenges me to grow with integrity.

He is the waves crashing on my shore.
He knows the way to unlock my wild passion.
He honors my gifts and worships my beauty as if I am really golden.
He sings my praises in the marketplace and whispers our love to his friends.

He is my heart of hearts, my joy of joys, the love of my life, the friend I could never imagine.

He is Pete.

July 25, 2007
Happy 26th Anniversary!

Love, JJ


No comments:

Post a Comment