Friday, November 17, 2017

GRATITUDE MONTH--#16: MY SISTER, VANGIE!

Today, I'm thankful for my sister Vangie! She was nearly 12 when I was born. She's short, looks like my dad's sisters. I'm tall, look my brothers I guess. She's got curly hair and bad eyesight. I've got straight hair and great eyesight but mom's bad hearing. Outside we look nothing alike but inside, there is so much connection! 

We also have 4 brothers but I have to say that without Vangie, our family would have lost track of each other long ago. Though we've never had much opportunity to live together or even near each other, I feel as close to her as I can imagine any sister being. She's the rock of this family. And what a beautiful rock she is! She's a mother, grandmother, artist, nurse, and a massage therapist. She makes laughing easy and the world light!

My sister has been my second mother, my adviser and when I grew up she became my playmate and friend. If it hadn't been for her unfailing effort to stay in touch over the long distances, and long periods without even seeing each other, I wouldn't know my family at all! 

My sister is love itself! I'm so grateful for this incredible person, this stunning woman. Thanks Vangie! I am so grateful!

love, jules










No comments:

Post a Comment