Wednesday, November 22, 2017

GRATITUDE MONTH--#20: THE GIFT OF GRATITUDE

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!--Part 1
The Gifts of Gratitude and Time


On November 1st, I decided to take up this challenge, to write about something I'm thankful for every day in November, including the actual Thanksgiving day! This is harder than I thought it would be. With so many things to be thankful for, I figured it would be easy to just give thanks for one thing a day. And in a way, it is easy, but giving time to writing about those things isn't. And this makes me think, the world needs to slow down even more than I originally thought. We need time to notice those things, those people in our lives, those things that make life rich and abundant and sweet. And then we need time to sit and adore those things...lift them up out into the open....so that we can share that praise both with those we love and with others. 

A life of gratitude is a life of abundance. A life of gratitude is a life of peace and hope. For our own sanity, for our own honor, for the sake of others' hope and peace, we need this Thanksgiving time, every day. A life of gratitude leaves me feeling as if life is enough, I am enough, there is enough for everyone. Abundance indeed! And so I will continue on, (though I have missed a few days) with my commitment to writing about something I'm grateful for every day. 

Today, I am simply grateful for time; this time to sit and write for a moment! What a luxury it is! Time is illusive and hard to grasp so I give thanks this moment for this moment! So grateful!

I invite you to cherish whatever time you have tomorrow to stop, ponder and just give thanks! for life! for love! for all of it!


No comments:

Post a Comment