Tuesday, November 7, 2017

GRATITUDE MONTH--DAY #7: CLOUD PAINTINGS

GRATITUDE MONTH--DAY #7: Cloud Paintings
photos by Julie (jules) Bonde


Clouds get a bad rap sometimes. I've been known to whine quite annoyingly about clouds and cloudy days; especially those dull, gray, overcast days when it's more like on gigantic cloud is covering everything under the sun. But when the clouds open just a wee bit and play with the sun, magical things happen. I learn then, that clouds add a great richness to the canvas of light over my head and even sometimes the canvas of night as the moon shines through. It is the clouds as well as the pollution that create the bright orange of sunrise and sunset that I can't seem to get enough of. Every second is another whole masterpiece of texture and color, stunning artwork! The view over my head lifts my heart, inspires my soul and helps me breathe. And from it I learn that light playing with the messiness, even the darkness, of life can create a stunning artwork indeed. I learn that all I need for peace, for prayer, is a moment long enough to gaze skyward. But you don't have to take my word for it. You can just look up. Today, I'm grateful for Cloud Paintings!

No comments:

Post a Comment