Saturday, November 4, 2017

GRATITUDE MONTH--DAY #4: TEA

Gratitude/Thanksgiving Day #4: Tea
Today, I am grateful for Moon over Madagascar tea, a special vanilla-infused, rich, black tea that has become my favorite beverage over the last 10 years. Each morning, I pause to make this lovely tea. I'm grateful for the ritual of boiling water, enjoying the aroma of the tea leaves even as I scoop them into the strainer, and then waiting five minutes while the water gently absorbs the flavor and the aroma gradually spreads throughout my kitchen. Is it any surprise that my favorite flavor just happens to have the name of my birthplace in it's title? I don't think so. It seems almost a divine gift, an aphrodisiac. There is certainly a sacredness in that first sip, a moment of communing with the rich abundance of my life, some of which comes from that far away place called Madagascar. It reminds me to savor my life, to give thanks for the wonderful taste of another day, another meal. Today I am thankful for tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment