Monday, March 11, 2013

sitting downwind

so here i sit
downwind from eden
my feet dangling off the edge of my bed
aching with plantar faciitus
my ears ringing with a decade of tinnitus
my tummy bulging with too much sitting
my shoulder feeling the weight of too many burdens

no! i'm not old,
i'm just sitting a little too far from eden
down here where even the love-filled heart
gets her thoughts tangled in the mess
of having more to do than she expected she'd be able
of wishing she could take away the pain
of loneliness and disconnection that plagues the innocent
of loving more than she deserves

then friendship reaches out a hand
reason offers wisdom that encourages
family smiles at my presence here
the passing tree offers her loving protection
oceans sing their hearts truth
a dog wags her tail when I enter
the ground rises to support my large weight
and the sun lets me rise with it

suddenly getting into eden seems unnecessary
if in all this mess I am still
a note on the scale
of life's symphony
sigh

~jules, march 11, 2013

1 comment:

  1. Doubt not, MadJules, you are indeed an integral part of both the melody and the harmony of the galaxy's grand symphony.

    ReplyDelete