Saturday, March 23, 2013

Dreaming--Part 2

my second definition of DREAM is: a mish-mash of thoughts put together in some cosmic sitcom while we sleep.

I don't know how it happened but that Sunday I found myself worshipping in an old school gym; a scratched wooden floor under the folding chairs.In concentric circles we alternately stood in praise and song or sat silently listening. I didn't realized until half-way through the service that I was the only white person in attendance. Even then, the realizatioin seemeed only momentarily significant. My heart tingled as the Spirit moved in these people. They were literally shining with joy by the end.

Right after the last "Amen!", a big-bosomed woman came over and introduced herself. "I"m Loretta, she said, Can I show you around?"

"I'm Jules and Yes!" was my quick response.

Lorretta led me to the coffee corner where we grabbed a donut and then headed down the hall toward the Sunday School area. Along the way she introduced me to everyone. My joy grew with each meeting. The people here embraced me so fully. I felt seen, transparent even and yet there was no judgment in the air. We met the children too and then circled back to the coffee corner where a group of people waited for us to sit with them.

No sooner had I sat and Carver, a man in his 60's, asked "so will you do it? will you come Miss Jules?" "yes" chimed in Mary on the other side of the circle, :"Please say YES!"

In that moment, I suddenly understood why i was there and what they wanted from me. And how could I say no? It all felt so right. I could scarecely hold my diginity as I burst, "Of course! YES! Yes, I"ll be your pastor!"

And then I woke up back in my warm bed, with this smile on my face and joy in my heart. What a sweet dream of affirmation!

later, I reflected on this dream, I didn't suddenly feel the need to enroll  in the nearest seminary. I just felt it was a great reminder that my call here on earth is to bring love, care, and to be present to others. Everything else I get busy with is just fluff or context for me to do that. 

"Love the whole world as a mother loves her only child" ~ Buddha

No comments:

Post a Comment