Monday, August 17, 2020

The Storm is Passing Over: update

This is just a short update to let you all know I did make it home from the hospital on Saturday evening but not until I had a blood transfusion. This was a first for me and and interesting experience to see the bag full of  someone else's blood going in. It was a good thing and helped me a lot. My thanks to all those who give blood to help others. I am extremely grateful.

Sunday was still a day of struggle but without that hospital visit and blood transfusion, I wouldn't have made it through yesterday. After a morning of diarrhea and some additional bladder pain, the antibiotics finally kicked in and things settled down. Sunday night I slept 9 hours. It was good! There is nothing like a great night of sleep for healing. 

Today, Monday, has been much better day. I've had some energy to do things. I have had a better appetite and eaten better. My nurse reassured me in a call today that I would get better and that the next round would not be as hard. I am hopeful.

I go to bed tonight with hope, with prayers for continued healing, with gratitude for the hearts of so many who love and care for each other. 

Good night all,

Jules 8/17/2020


2 comments:

  1. So glad to hear you are feeling better, Julie! The mantra that comes to mind is “Expect the unexpected”. It sounds as though that could be said of chemotherapy. I do hope that from this day forward, you only experience the “expected”

    ReplyDelete