Monday, November 5, 2012

Let's Keep Singing



My deepest desire is to sing in harmony with all that is within me and around me. I want the notes that are my life to create a harmonious vibration with yours. This desire is sometimes hard to live with; sometimes I lose my voice, sometimes I get off the beat and lose my place; sometimes I lose your voice; sometimes all I can hear is the cacophonous noise of my own doubting and fearing heart. In those dissonant moments I cringe, my chest gets tight and it is tempting to just stop singing, to stop trying to live in harmony. But if we can just hang in there a little bit longer, the dissonance resolves itself and we find ourselves singing harmony once again. And what a sweet song that is when we get there. Whether today is a dissonant day or a harmonious day, let’s keep singing. I can’t carry this tune without you.

in gratitude for your voice,
 jules

1 comment:

  1. jules, you are such a treasure! i love the honesty in your travel and verse. thanks for this share. i relate to your journey and the songs your sing! blessings and harmony for this day and always, annie :)

    ReplyDelete