Saturday, June 20, 2009

Graceful and Messy

I have just changed the look of my blog...it used to be black background with white font. I finally have found pictures for the header that somewhat convey the contrast that defines my spiritual life. I'm both saint and sinner, graceful and messy. Both pictures are taken by me and are big parts of my life. The peaceful and kind ocean, sometimes I call her O shun, is like a mother to me. Having grown up on a peninsula sticking out into the Indian Ocean, I have experienced much of my life through the varying moods and waves of the Ocean. A couple years after I got married (28 years ago this year), I took on the title of "full-time mom" and stayed home for most of 20 plus years raising and caring for my 4 boys and a couple of cats and a dog. The "Help Wanted" sign was put there by me to communicate my message in a different way. It stayed for several days and nothing happened. So it goes. The point is the spiritual life, the sacred life is full of contrasts...still waters and storms, happy days with children and dirty dishes, faith and doubt. And I don't think we could have one without the other. The human life is a study in finding balance and tension and transcendence between and through the dark and the light.

No comments:

Post a Comment