Thursday, September 3, 2020

SONGS & PRAYERS & PAPER HUGS

9/3/2020

 Hi all you beautiful people! I am so grateful to all of you!

 I started this breast cancer journey way back at the end of May. The end of June I started my AC Chemo treatments. Then on August 26th, I started my Taxol chemo treatments and have had 3 so far. I have 9 weekly treatments left of Taxol. Following that, I will have scans and discover with the doctor, what, if any surgery is needed.

 Some of you know that I had a pretty rough go of it with the AC Chemo, with August being the worst month. In addition to multiple side effects, I had about 4 weeks where I just couldn’t shake a bladder infection. As of today, I have been without a bladder infection and antibiotics for a week! This helps immensely with my ability to eat and digest as the antibiotics caused a lot of diarrhea. Also, my taste buds are finally recovering so the food is starting to taste good again! And that means I have more energy for living. Pete & I have started going for daily walk again! I am actually quite excited about this progress and hopeful that the rest of the 9 weeks will be easier.

 Meantime, I’m acutely aware that I’ve been held by your prayers, your songs and your notes of encouragement. Some of those notes came in the form of cards or as I like to call them now, paper hugs. Some of those notes came through texts or emails. And some I got directly from phone calls and chats on Zoom or Facebook. This week on Monday evening, I got an extra dose of love and support from my beloved Morning Star Singers as they gathered on Zoom to sing to me and also to another member, Bill. What a sweet hour of encouragement and love that was. I cried tears of love and joy for the gift of these sweet people who have given so much of their voices to encourage healing in others. Thank you, Morning Star Singers! And thank you to each and everyone of you who have offered me prayers and notes of encouragement. I couldn’t do this without you!

 There is still a long way to go. So please keep praying that this chemotherapy process shrinks the tumor down to nothing. It’s a lot of fuss to go through so I am praying it works! And please keep praying for my husband, Pete, who offers me so much love and support and sometimes gets weary of my struggle.

 Thanks again to all you beautiful people!

Sending my love,

jules

Here are some photos of all the paper hugs I’ve gotten.







 

 

1 comment:

  1. Happy to see these "paper hugs" (such a great way of thinking about them) and glad you are feeling blessed by the encouragement, love, and hope they embody. Good to hear of the Morning Star Singers serenading you, too. And so glad you've been able to resume daily walks with Pete. All these are catalyzing healing! Hope you continue to be gentle with your self in this time of fragility and as patient as possible with the long, draining process.

    ReplyDelete