Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Grounded: Day 6

Grounding My Self in the Morning:

It's 7:40 a.m. . The sun has just come up and it's shining on my face as I drink my tea and read my book. I've just finished some eggs and toast and almond milk. I've had many mornings like this, hundreds, maybe thousands. And each time the sun comes up and my lips touch the cup of tea and my eyes open to a new day and my ears listen to the silence around the ringing in my ears, my heart feels that tingle, that invitation.

Every new morning grounds me in new beginnings, in the taste and flavor of breakfast, and in the light and quiet of the new day. This is my time, my favorite time of day.

On the downside, I wish I could do everything I want to do in this moment of openness and hope, that I wouldn't need all those hours and minutes to get it all in. I know that by three in the afternoon, I won't feel as energized. On the downside I wish you were here with me to share this moment. And in that thought, tears of gratitude and sorrow both run down my cheeks. I'm grateful to have such a person as you in my life and I'm sorry I can't share this with you right now.

But on the plus side there's so much possibility in this day. And who knows? maybe I'll see you? or talk to you? or have a moment to write? And who knows? maybe there's some unexpected joy in it? And who knows where this the day will take us? And who knows? Maybe this is the day you discover love and I discover strength or a new way to get it all done?

Welcome to my morning! I hope your day is filled with hope, joy, peace and that some moment, like this one, grounds you in Love.

Blessings on you,
Jules

No comments:

Post a Comment