Tuesday, October 26, 2021

WINGS and SELF CARE

 October 26, 2021


One of the ways I practice self-care is I take pictures. What? yes, it is self-care. Taking my camera with me helps me see the beauty, reminds me to look at what is right there around me. I take too many photos but I don't care. Taking the photos makes me so happy, it is worth every one of them. It just fills me with gratitude to see the beauty in the world.

In July we were staying in a cabin on an island in a lake with our kids and grands for a week. One morning, my husband and I were out in the kayaks and we found these turkey vultures perched in the upper branches of the island apparently drying their wings. I was stunned by the honor to see it. What fun to have my camera with me so I could capture it and then today finally get around to sharing it with you. What beautiful creatures turkey vultures are! and oh how they can soar! 

Wings are for flying and for soaring. And our wings need care. I wonder if I do what is necessary to keep my wings ready to fly, not real ones of course but the wings of my heart and soul. What self care might be needed to make sure I am ready for flight? What daily routines might create a better environment for me to soar? 

Perhaps, just taking the photograph is a good start? Perhaps.

I invite you to let yourself enjoy the beauty that you see and then let that lift your heart to soaring. Or to do something else that lifts your heart. Let's fly!

Let's enjoy the moment while we can!

praying for more self-care and wings! Love, Jules  



No comments:

Post a Comment