Thursday, June 24, 2021

ANOTHER DAY, ANOTHER YEAR, ANOTHER SUNSET

June 24, 2021 with photos of tonight's sunset and moonrise!

A year ago today, I had my first intravenous chemotherapy treatment. That was the first day of many as I had 5 1/2 months of two different chemotherapy treatments. Then a lumpectomy. then radiation and then a chemotherapy pill. Plus a lot of side effect issues. 

On Tuesday, June 29th, I will be done with that nasty chemo pill and with treatment. After Tuesday i can  focus on detoxing and doing what I can to help heal up all the side effects; especially the neuropathy. It will be a long road still, I suspect. 

Even so, today is a good day. This morning our dear Thursday book group had a social time, our first in-person gathering in over a year. What a treat to see and touch and hear each other in person! Then this evening, we went swimming with Jacob & Karl and their families. After swimming we were able to make it to cemetery hill just in time to see the last of the sunset and the full moon, aka the pink super moon. It was a glorious end to this beautiful day and this quiet little anniversary of my journey.

In many ways it is just another day and just another year and just another sunset. And in many ways, it is unique and special. Each day is unique, each sunset is unique and you never know what will happen in the lake or on the playground when Grandpa Pete and Solveig and WEndell and Sophie take off on their pirate ship. 

I do know this, I have all of you to thank. Thanks to my adorable, faithful and clever husband for holding me up and putting up with me this last year. thanks to my adorable children and grandchildren for being my Covid pod. Thanks to my book group who agreed to meet me online all through 2020 and into 2021.Thanks to my Tuesday writing group for the same weekly commitment all through the pandemic. Thanks to my students for allowing me to guide them. Thanks to my church community for providing so much connection online so that we felt connected. Thanks to everyone for all the prayers. Thanks to my amazing friends who held me up in their hearts and let me be me in the midst of it all. And on and on the gratitude goes. I couldn't have done it with out all of you. You are my life lines.

And I couldn't have done it without the sunset and the moon rise and the beauty of this world. I am so grateful for all of this and look forward to more years of beauty and wonder with you all.

Thanks be to God! Amen!
love you big,

Jules

Here is tonight's sunset and moon rise! Enjoy!






2 comments:

  1. The new phase of detoxing will surely be fueled by your immense gratitude for all that has sustained you to this point. Love the photos of the moon and sunset!

    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks be to God, for the glue you bring to hold us all together. Peace, Love and Hugs.

    ReplyDelete