Monday, April 21, 2014

welcome

In January I was a writer: teaching and inviting others to express fully
In February I was a retreat leader, inviting others to new ways of prayer with my teaching
In March I was a worship leader and a preacher during Lenten worship services
In April I sang a duet and emceed a celebration event

Monday, I am spiritual director
Tuesday, I am a hospice singer
Wednesday, I am a volunteer coordinator for the Dragonfly Project
Thursday, I'll help teach a class about leading retreats to other soon to be spiritual directors
Friday, I'll be a writer, a photographer and a friend

for a few minutes this morning I was a painter
and then I was a teacher
and all the while my back hurt, I am just another stressed person
later this afternoon I'll be practicing holy listening
tonight I'll be a cook

once upon a time I was
an administrative assistant,
a finance manager
and an awesome mom

just following my heart
one minute
one moment
one invitation at time

and noticing that the sun shines
or the rain falls
on each without preference
yet full acceptance
of the value
of each

welcome
welcome
welcome!


~jules
April 21, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment