Friday, March 12, 2010

STONE FREE

The 2nd day after kidney stone surgery.

Wow! The connection of soul to body, of heart to mind is so much stronger than I thought.

The kidney stone surgery was a success. I feel different, truly different. Coincidentally, a brave truth was spoken in the same twenty-four hour period. Though it required courage and pain, removing the stone and standing in the truth, I already feel lighter, cleaner. It still hurts a little, stings here and there but it is a good pain, clean of the stones of grudges, fear, misunderstanding and grief. It is a clean cut ready to heal, already healing.

I wonder a little if I am too late. Has there already been permanent damage to my kidney? Has the long time of carrying the burden erased too much of the good that came before? but then I remember God's grace. I remember the creators words, "It is good. I have called you and you are mine. All things work together for good. Fear not, it is I. I am here with you always." I remember Jesus gift, his hand reaching down to me and whispering, "May i have this dance? Will you dance with me?"

YES is my answer.I will dance. And I will sing. I will shout. I will write of your kindness.

Dear surgeon who has reached in and grabbed the stone, I thank you.

Dear friend who has reached in and replaced the stone with truth I thank you.

and now will you all dance with me?  with us? Will you sing the song?

Will you live stone-free with me?

come! Let's do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment