Tuesday, October 18, 2011

TREE THOUGHTS ON TRANSFORMATION


I have been learning about transformation from the ancient teacher, mother earth. In this time of re-modeling my life as the house empties, as I am looking for meaningful and sustainable occupation, I find nature to be full of wisdom.

Upon on close inspection I discover that not all the leaves on the trees change at once. Sometimes only one section of the tree has turned red; the rest is still green. Sometimes half the tree has changed and it is evenly distributed throughout the bush. A few flowers open early in spring and a few find the late autumn a better time for blooming. Nature knows about the fickleness of change; how it can't happen all at once. Mother Earth knows that as we keep turning and changing our perspective, things are bound to change within our hearts as well.

The trees remind me to not be discouraged if the maple next to me has already turned orange and I am still green. My time too will come. Likely I will burn brightest and display my deepest hues right before it all falls away.


1 comment: