Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I Pray

I sing
I shout
I chant and pout
I run in place
I sit still
I look in your face
I pray

I write
I dream
I beg and scheme
I ponder
Take pictures
Gaze all around me in wonder
I pray

I stretch
I dance
I take a chance
I work as I hum
Touching to heal
I play the drum
I pray

I cry
I doubt
Try to work it all out
I fight the disease
Breathing deep
I fall on my knees
I pray

I balance
I walk
Try to walk the talk
I circle round
Taking a step
I hope peace can be found
I pray

I search
Turn the pages
I read the wisdom of the ages
Sink into this place of thought
Want to be free
I try to do what I ought
I pray

I live
I love
Thinking on the things above
I dance and paint
I let go
I look to the saints
I pray

I bow
I stand
I play in the band
I hang with the crowd
walk a lonely path
I sing praises out loud
I pray

I listen
I meditate
Let the spirit agitate
I hope my heart
laugh as we share
be in the present
show how much I care
I pray

by Julie A. Bonde, 1/29/11

No comments:

Post a Comment